• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newb seeking knowledge SGIII

wolfsvudo

Lurker
Dec 7, 2013
Greetings! This is my first post, ever on this site and I'm really out of my element here. I've had my s3 for awhile, but I'm extremely incoherent of the lingo and knowledge of rooting. I wish to root my device, but I've read it's risky and knowledge should be sought out before proceeding. This is my plea, to a guy who knows very little about his Smartphone, does anybody have suggestions/links on where to start reading and learning, or a guide to successfully root my device? Thanks! I appreciate the help before-hand, I've dealt with WoW noobs, but I'm sure I'm worse being in the real world 0.o

Greetings! This is my first post, ever on this site and I'm really out of my element here. I've had my s3 for awhile, but I'm extremely incoherent of the lingo and knowledge of rooting. I wish to root my device, but I've read it's risky and knowledge should be sought out before proceeding. This is my plea, to a guy who knows very little about his Smartphone, does anybody have suggestions/links on where to start reading and learning, or a guide to successfully root my device? Thanks! I appreciate the help before-hand, I've dealt with WoW noobs, but I'm sure I'm worse being in the real world 0.o

What carrier are you using? There are rooting subforums for each carrier here, check the bottom of the main SGS3 page. The forum for my carrier (Virgin Mobile) has been an indispensable tool for me, and I am not even remotely new to rooting and customizing. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones