1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Newbe - Flashing to RUU(WWE) to remove Al-Moazin

1. saha14913

saha14913 New Member

Sorry for the long post guys, but just want to let you know all the facts so that you can advice me. I bought my HTC Desire from Dubai recently. The phone is new, never rooted, unbranded. The details are as follows
    Andriod version 2.2
    Baseband version 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
    Kernel version 2.6.32.15-gd96fc0 htc-kernel@and18-2 # 1
    Build number 2.32.415.3 cl283905 release-keys
    Software number 2.32.415.3
    Browser webkit 3.1
    Only when I started using it, I got to know it

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

This is the tricky Ara build. It's rootable now but believe even the downgrade tool doesn't work on it.

You could root and put a rooted stock Rom on.

From there you may even be able to use an RUU.
    saha14913 likes this.
  3. Kibbster

Kibbster Well-Known Member

4. saha14913

saha14913 New Member

[FONT=&quot]@ SUroot,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Basically to use [/FONT]unrevoked and root it and then put the stock ROM… wont I still get the boot loader version issue again or once rooted it will by pass that?

In the meantime, was reading your guide on thread [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][Guide] Easily Remove System apps on rooted Stock ROMS (updated 19/03/11)[/FONT]

Would that apply to this version? Since this software is hardly an essential component of the OS… ( at least that’s what I think). If you feel its too risky, then I guess I better wait for the official 2.3 and try flashing that huh? Dont want to brick the phone after 3 days of buying it. ;-)
  5. saha14913

saha14913 New Member

@ Kibbster
    talk about it mate!!!!
    anyway after reading another thread managed to mute the prayer call alarm, but the app loads, screen still flashes and images are shown... so still consumes the bat i guess :-(. Seriously HTC should give these things as optional over the market unless its branded.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

saha14913 likes this.