• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Newbee

Welcome moonrecker:)
I'm not clear on what you mean by the Kies screen :thinking: Do you mean the download screen that looks like this? (example only, don't worry about the text posted on that screen in the upper left corner)
galaxy-s3-download-mode.jpg

If so, just pull the battery, reinsert, then reboot ;)

Upvote 0
there is a picture of my cell, yellow triangle a picture of computer screen and the message says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. If you could bless me with some firmware and what to do I would appreciated, am running windows 8.1,any help thank you...

Upvote 0
I had no idea that I was rooted and I don't know anything about it I just went to update my phone and it wouldn't let me I have a Verizon gn2 and it's unlocked for T-Mobile so I'm on T-Mobiles network with a Verizon phone can I factory reset my phone without messing anything up I just wanna update my phone thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones