Newbi Help pleaseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. Just got the DI. this thing is UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!! I can't beleive how much better DROID si than WM.

Anyways, Does anyone know of a flashlight app that will work with this phone? I bought one off the market but it doesn't work. Maybe there's something I don't know about it?

thanks in advance.

Also, on WM you have to shut these programs down. How about Droid? Does it shut down once you go to the home screen or is there some sort of task manager?

EDIIT: sorry guys. I didn't see a thread already started for newbi questions. I didn't refresh before I posted. sorry about that

Advertisement
  2. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

I believe there is a task manager type app somewhere on the market, you could try that. I do not remember what it is called

wedgemoose likes this.
  3. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need a task manager. Android handles that on its own. As far as the flashlight app, I don't have an suggestions.

wedgemoose likes this.
  4. ParinoidAndroid

ParinoidAndroid Member

And its ANDROID.

wedgemoose likes this.
  5. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

perfect, thats what I needed to know. thanks

Also ParinoidAndroid, I told you I was new. I can not figure out what is what. Is droid different from android? Pleas set me straight. I want to call it the right thing. A newbi like me thinks "droid" "android" "google" are all the same thing. give me the quick lesson

thanks

6. webflunkie

webflunkie Well-Known Member

The "Droid" name is simply the branding of the Verizon line of Android based devices.
    Android - The actual OS that your phone is running, the OS was created by Google
    Google - A company that created a search engine, and created the Android OS that makes the Droid Incredible possible. :)