Newbie battery questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. lilredjeep

lilredjeep Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this question is redundant. I've looked around the forums but being new, I am having a hard time finding the answer to this question.

I have a HTC Incredible. Although I have done all the recommended battery life extending tips and tricks, I still don't have enough battery to get me through the day. I bought what what I thought was a replacement battery for my Inc. The eBay seller advertised it as a HTC Incredible replacement. When I opened the box, the battery says HTC Legend. Since the battery is the same size as my Inc battery, I charged the replacement overnight. When I put it in my phone, however, the battery indicator only shows a battery with an "!" inside of it. My question is...will this work in my phone or will it damage it? I have tried to contact the seller but no response at this point.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Might not be the right voltage or something. A ! is never good.

lilredjeep likes this.
  3. lilredjeep

lilredjeep Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. Thank you! I was worried about that.

4. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

5. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Best advice I can give you is root, select a Kernel that works best for you. I use HydraKernel ocuv2-v10 #3. Use SetCpu to set up a screen off profile (384 max/ 245 min). I use "on demand" setting. I don't use task killers. I get pretty much the same battery life regardless of ROM (vanilla/sense). I generally use my phone more than I have today, but this is a pretty accurate picture of battery life for me with my Dinc.

Prior to root, I was hating life (check my prior posts). Battery life was my only gripe with the phone. Now I am gripeless. Good luck.

Edit: This is the original OEM battery. I also have an extended 2150 that I never use anymore. Not sure what kind of life I would get out of it. I may try that for a few days and see.