Newbie - Car chager help

Last Updated:

1. iammrpotato

iammrpotato Member This Topic's Starter

I have just got an HTC Desire after borrowing my mums k800i for a few months after my Ridgeback ate my n95!

Into the 21st century at last. Love this kit.

I bought the desire to primarily stream music in my car as well as using (rarely) as a sat nav by way of google maps. I am new to all of this but have now got my head round some of the main features of the phone.

My question relates to charging the phone in the car. I have had a look round the forums and web but I'm more confused now than when i started.

Lots of users have had issues with the phone not charging in the car or charging very slowly. There is talk of the wall charger charging at 1.0a and shorting tabs 2 and 3 on the car adapter, etc,etc......

I like buying quality over cheap ebay rubbish. However, I cannot buy the genuine branded HTC car charger... It has a coiled lead and unfortunately the cigarette lighter in my car is just behind the drivers seat. Therefore a coiled lead will be stretched from the windscreen to the back of my seat and would not work.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to best get power to the desire in the car? Any ideas would be appreciated

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Buy the HTC cc200 car charger and use a standard USB cable (USB A to microUSB B). It will work like the original HTC cable (charging 1.0 A).
    I'm using this combination in my car, too.

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. iammrpotato

iammrpotato Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the reply.

I will go for the genuine HTC charger you recommended so I use an uncoiled lead instead of the one supplied.