• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Cry for Help: Thunderbolt or Bionic (and I have read reviews and older posts)

Okay, I have read all the reviews, read some of the back and forth posts. The summary I see is:

For TB: (1) Biggest is the picture/video quality. Better colors. The Bionic has the screen door affect; (2) I like HTC sense vs. Moto. I had a MyTouch 4G and a Moto Cliq. Liked sense much better; (3) speed of video etc. is just fine for me on the TB. But I understand I can make the Moto close with an app.

For Bionic: (1) Better battery life; (2) faster processor which I think may be very important as I will own for 2 years and apps will get more complex.

I can get both of these FOR FREE on Amazonwireless. So the fact that the Bionic would normally cost more, I would think that it is an obvious winner, but I keep going back to the camera. Also, I already have a 1800 mah battery I bought for $5 on ebay on its way to hopefully help with battery life.

I guess my real question, is that does one tend to have glitches more than the other or anything else that would really make one a clear winner?

For various reasons, I have to have an answer by tomorrow. I was so much happier when the Bionic was $140 on Amazon and the TB was free. Much easier decision.

I am also ultra newb doing the bionic evaluation but vs waiting in my case. I've been cross-checking bionic critique and nexus prime speculation etc for about 3 weeks.
One thing that seems to be emerging in relief of the bionic is the camera issues don't look like hardware quality. Different camera apps can run it satisfactorily according to some and I haven't seen that questioned.
Another option I've eliminated is the htc vigor. Htc's interface is supposed to be beautiful and fun but I have a temper regarding call quality and htcs reputation in that regard bears looking into.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones