Newbie Cyanogen Mod Question

Last Updated:

1. jsttn

jsttn Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I recently purchased a Nexus One with Cyanogen preloaded on to it. I was wondering what to do when Gingerbread comes out. How do I upgrade? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

You can roll back to stock rom or wait about 48 hours after GB release and team cyanogen will have cooked up something better.

3. jsttn

jsttn Member This Topic's Starter

How does one upgrade cyanogen?

4. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

What version do you have now? Go to settings...about phone..version.

Generally you can install new roms via your rom manager.

5. xodinx

xodinx New Member

help !!
    i recently changing into cyanogen rom
    but the wifi doesnt want to resolve the stock app like market, browser, maps etc.
    its connected with the wifi, but it seems like having the dns stock problem.
    if i use the opera mini, or any other apps that comes from the market. it work fine...

6. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

Try re-flashing ,if not ,upgrade to CM7 (in case you have 6.x) ,i use CM7 and it's verry stable ,no issues :)

7. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

CM7 uses a new way to install Google apps. Once flashed you get a working market which you can use to install the other Google apps as you see fit. This is much improved over previous Gapps one flash solution.

8. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Hope this isn't an inappropriate hijacking of this thread. Having rooted, I'm now exploring the idea of flashing an alternative ROM and Cyanogen seems to be popular for the Nexus One.

I think this page (and site) has a lot of the information I need to figure things out:

Nexus One: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Are there others you might recommend for someone relatively new to this? Are there other ROMs that are also good for the Nexus One. Is there anywhere that compares them?

Any helpful pointers for one who is a bit of a noob in this but a quick learner once I have key information would be appreciated.