Newbie Facebook questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. buzcoats

buzcoats Member This Topic's Starter

When I'm logged into FB, my friends that are in my people contacts have a picture. When I'm logged out of FB, the picture goes away. Is there an easy way to make there FB profile pic attached permantly to their info card so when I'm logged out of FB there pictures still stays?

Also, when typing a text in the landscape mode (sideways) is there a way to send a txt without minimizing the keyboard?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

With the FB, go into your contacts. Select the contact and scroll over to Updates and Events. Then you can select to Link Facebook Profile to your phone.

I personally haven't seen a way to send without minimizing.

3. buzcoats

When I scoll over to Updates and Events with the person selected. And select (menu), the only settings I see are : (Update now, Update profile info, Remove FB link). Where is the link facebook profile to your phone? I'm still on 1.5 BTW.

4. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member

If it says Remove Facebook link then it's probably someone that is already linked to facebook. I'm pretty sure you need to be logged into the app at all times in order to have the pictures and what not. NOt entirely sure but that's my understanding.

5. tproctor

Don't select (menu). Just let it do it's thing and it will give the contact name and below that it will show Link Facebook profile. I'm on 1.5 too.

Edit: Just seen Mongolstomp's post. I think you do have to be logged in all the time to see it.

6. buzcoats

Ok, that may be where the problem is. I've already linked it the Facebook account. All I want to be able to do is to keep their displayed profile picture in my phone when I'm not logged into FB.

It seems like there would be a way to save it the phone, but I havn't figured it out yet.

7. tproctor

You'll probably have to save the picture to your phone and then assign it to that person.

8. buzcoats

How do I save the picture to my phone?

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I think that the real question is, why would you want to log out? What benefit is there? Just stay logged in.

10. buzcoats

I was just assuming that by being logged into FB all the time that it would drain the battery faster. If it doesn't make that big of a difference, I will just leave it on.
    I still would like to know how to save a picture to the phone though.

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It really doesn't. One of the settings that you have is how often Facebook info updates. I have mine set for every 12 hours - that's the only time that the phone does anything with FB (unless I manually update or something.)