Newbie - Galaxy Note N7000 speed up & apps crashGeneral

1. ard_2_da_bone

ard_2_da_bone New Member

Hi all

First of all let me say I am a newbie wen it comes to using android phones. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. The phone looks gr8 a reading in to the apps you can get seems like it should do everything I want.

How ever I am finding it quite slow so was wondering how it can be improved, also I am having major trouble with a lot of apps crashing on me & the phone being slow to respond when it does so.

I have read threads on here & the XDA website, theirs a lot of talk of rooting, kernells & custom ROMS, no idea what these are so if anyone could explain I'd be much obligied.

So can anyone help me with solving why lots of apps I use (like Tunesync Home Share & others) keep crashing and how I can improve my phones oveall performance?

Kind regards

Advertisement
    :
  2. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Hi there :) I'm going to move your thread over to the Galaxy Note forum where you should be able to get specific help from people with the same device :)
  3. ard_2_da_bone

ard_2_da_bone New Member

Much obligied. :) Do I get automatic notification emails of replies or do I have to select a tick box somewhere?
  4. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

You can do this by going to 'Thread tools' above the first post, then click 'Subscribe to this thread' and then there is an option to check a box for email notifications
  5. Raj Sekhar

Raj Sekhar Well-Known Member

People usually root their phones so that they can try various custom roms
    By rooting,you can customise your phone as you wish
    By using custom kernel,you can improve the phones performance and battery life
    And by flashing custom roms,you can experience various features,performance and you feel like its a new phone