• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie - Galaxy Note N7000 speed up & apps crash

Hi all

First of all let me say I am a newbie wen it comes to using android phones. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. The phone looks gr8 a reading in to the apps you can get seems like it should do everything I want.

How ever I am finding it quite slow so was wondering how it can be improved, also I am having major trouble with a lot of apps crashing on me & the phone being slow to respond when it does so.

I have read threads on here & the XDA website, theirs a lot of talk of rooting, kernells & custom ROMS, no idea what these are so if anyone could explain I'd be much obligied.

So can anyone help me with solving why lots of apps I use (like Tunesync Home Share & others) keep crashing and how I can improve my phones oveall performance?

Kind regards

Hi all

First of all let me say I am a newbie wen it comes to using android phones. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. The phone looks gr8 a reading in to the apps you can get seems like it should do everything I want.

How ever I am finding it quite slow so was wondering how it can be improved, also I am having major trouble with a lot of apps crashing on me & the phone being slow to respond when it does so.

I have read threads on here & the XDA website, theirs a lot of talk of rooting, kernells & custom ROMS, no idea what these are so if anyone could explain I'd be much obligied.

So can anyone help me with solving why lots of apps I use (like Tunesync Home Share & others) keep crashing and how I can improve my phones oveall performance?

Kind regards

People usually root their phones so that they can try various custom roms
By rooting,you can customise your phone as you wish
By using custom kernel,you can improve the phones performance and battery life
And by flashing custom roms,you can experience various features,performance and you feel like its a new phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones