newbie help int mem limitationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. eddief40

eddief40 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, i am about to go and get an optimus from the carphone warehouse this afternoon. i know it has a limited int mem but how small is it in reality. i am upgradeing from a normal moby and wont to play with the apps and stuff. so what is the limitation of it. any thing you can save to the sd i would to free as much space as possable.
    also the cpw has a differant version of the phone to outhers acording to some of the posts here. what is the differance of a cpw lg and say an orange one. thanks
    eddie

Advertisement
  2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Just a word of warning if you like to tinker with your devices , the carphone warehouse version of the gt540 has part of the menu that enable rooting removed.

3. eddief40

no i dont wont to `tinker`. what is the limitation to haveing a small internal mem`
    thanks

4. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

according to the storage monitor app, my gt540 only has 140mb usable storage memory , and only 56mb of that is free with my currently installed apps.

So it`s not a lot of memory to work with, and since you need android 2.2 to use the sd card as storage , and 2.1 is most likely the limit of the gt540 unless we get an hacked android 2.2 software.

5. eddief40

how many apps can you store. arnt opps to a max size.
    thanks