Newbie helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. MrsPink82

MrsPink82 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all- I'm new here, so I apoligize if this is in the wrong place or has already been covered. :confused:
    First of all... why when Sprint transferred my Blackberry contacts to my EVO did they all get transferred as "Gmail contacts?" My phone act like I don't have ANY "phone" contacts?
    Also...
    I have the Ford Sync system and when I added my EVO and downloaded the phonebook it downloaded all my Facebook contacts along with my regular contacts. This is a pain for me because Sync uses voice recognition and it's now much harder to get it to pick the right name out of 500 contacts rather than 125.
    Any suggestions?
    TIA!

Advertisement
  2. MrsPink82

And one more stupid question...
    When they transferred my contacts from BB to Evo they did it all through my Gmail somehow (I think??) Is there any other way to transfer my contacts from my Curve to my Evo so that the contacts are all "phone" contacts instead of all being tied to Gmail?
    Sorry for all the questions but this new phone is driving me crazy!

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Dont worry thats how they are supposed to be. The only difference between the two is that Gmail contacts will be synced to gmail. Phone contacts wont, so its better just to leave them as gmail contacts.

You could unsync the facebook contacts, thus removing them from the phonebook. Then sync with the car to only get the ones you want. Then sign back into facebook and re-sync the contacts. This is assuming your car only syncs the contacts when you tell it to.

4. MrsPink82

Thanks for your response, sitlet. How do I "unsync" my facebook contacts?

Thanks again! :eek:

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Menu-Settings-Accounts and Sync-Remove facebook for htc sense.