Newbie here: Music and incoming phone calls

Last Updated:

1. Plundered

Plundered New Member This Topic's Starter

All incoming calls go directly to voicemail when I am listening to music on my Hero. Is there a setting I haven't found to address this? Or an app? Help anyone?

Advertisement
  2. flexte

flexte Well-Known Member

my phone usually rings while i am listening to music but 50% of the time i can not answer it fast enough before it gets to voice mail. also my regualr calls seem to go straight to voice mail often. did some research and it seems there is a polling tiem that sprint uses to listen for incoming calls. this is one of the biggest reasons i may head back to att. not sure if you tested it but call your phone from another phone and watch how many times it rings before you hear your phone ring.

3. Plundered

Plundered New Member This Topic's Starter

incoming calls are pretty good over all, it's just when media is playing that I have the problem. I'm going to try a Sprint Service Center, one of the techs might know a thing or two. I still have hope !

4. doublebullout

doublebullout Well-Known Member

Discovered something odd about this. I have a lot of calls go straight to voicemail even though I'm not listening to music. The phone never rings at all. I tried calling from my own desk phone multiple times, and the call went to voicemail every time. I deleted the HTC music widget from my home screen, and then called back -- and the phone rang this time. I don't know if there's a connection, but the comment above about listening to music has me wondering if the music widget's state (active, inactive, updating, etc) might prevent calls from coming in. Doesn't make sense that it would, but...

Any other ideas?

5. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

6. jhale83

jhale83 Well-Known Member

I don't really use my phone for music often since I use my Zune HD for that but just tested it out. I played music from the HTC Music Widget, called my phone from my work phone and it paused the music and allowed me to answer the phone.

7. doublebullout

The widget and the player have always seemed to work well with incoming calls, always pausing and restarting the music as it should. Yesterday, incoming calls wouldn't come through until I deleted the music widget. May be a coincidence, but the sequence went like this, with variable time between each call attempt:

dial my phone - no ring - voice mail
    search androidforums
    read this thread
    delete music widget
    dial my phone - ring!

Hmmm.

8. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

bugs, Bugs, BUGS - Everywhere Bugs! :D I'd swear there's a Microsoft kernel layered under the hood - somewhere... ;) Don't ya just love the unexplained! LOL.

The Truth is out there.

9. phisher

phisher New Member

BTW, try performing prl updates. That may help your incoming calls. I can honestly vouch that I have never experienced these issues. Then again, I did the updates. :)

I <3 the HTC Hero.

10. doublebullout

You know what they say...

"That's not a bug. It works as designed, so it's really a feature."

:rolleyes: