Newbie here. security help

Last Updated:

1. imiubu

imiubu Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone. I know I am old and a newbie to android as well, two strikes, LOL! I know I am not a tech person and am trying to learn this stuff but it still throws me but I know it will make sense some time in the near future, LOL! I had a few questions that I hope someone can help me with. First do I need to transfer apps to SD, is this so I can reset phone for security reasons so that apps are backed up. Second, what is the best security measures to protect passwords and privacy etc. is there an app that I should download to keep things secure. I would love to use some of the features the hero offers but am not sure it is safe right out of the box with no security app etc. Third, can I delete permanently apps that came on phone that I won't use. I know these are a lot of questions and I have been searching for past three days for answers but not finding all. thanks for the help, I know I am a little slow at this. Blessings to all.:)

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Don't worry at all about security or passwords ( I don't), also, to remove the stock BS Sprint apps you'll have to root it first.

3. imiubu

BUMMER! that sucks, I was just wanting to free up memory space by getting rid of apps that i don't need. There is so much that goes over my head I guess. thanks so much for your help, so I don't need firewall etc. How do I reboot phone and should I.

4. Joehunni

I reboot at least every other day, just hold down the red end call button until the little menu pops up with options including turn off. Once its off, turn it back on the same way.

5. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Power off your phone and then power it back on. It's officially been re-booted. You should do this every so often. It will keep things running smoothly. As for firewall and and other security stuff, it's all pretty useless and unnecessary on Android as far as I understand it.

6. imiubu

thanks guys, so do anybody have any security issues?

7. Joehunni

Haven't heard of any, there are a couple of free virus protection apps in the market but I've stopped using them as I've never heard anyone say that they came across anything suspicious. Nothing to worry about.

8. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

There is always a security risk. If you have personal information on the phone and you lose it then your information is compromised. You could set a lock pattern and there are apps that could protect your information further.