Newbie Here

Last Updated:

1. WendiHTCEVDO

WendiHTCEVDO New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Newbie here just as the subject line says. I'm switching over from the Blackberry Curve. I've been wanting an Android for a while now but have been waiting for Sprint to develop a phone that I really liked. I just purchased the newly released 4G HTC EVO. So far, the only problem I'm having is getting it to calibrate to my touch. I want it to "tap" to my fingernails and I can't get it done. I'll figure it out though. It will just take me some time.

Any advice anyone has I'm willing to take. I'm a quick learner.

In my spare time I work with disabled Veterans. If you need help getting benefits from the VA, feel free to contact me for assistance.

Wendi

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I'm afraid your fingernails aren't going to work on the Evo. Capacitive screens, like the Evo's, detect changes in their electrical field (rather than detecting the pressure of your finger). Your finger conducts electricity and so interacts with the screen, but your fingernail wont.

Welcome to the forum!

3. airdog

airdog Well-Known Member

Touchscreens perform differently from phone to phone because different technologies are at work.

Resistive touchscreens
    The most common type of touchscreen, featured on the LG Dare, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch Diamond/PRO and many other phones, uses