Newbie - In regards to Apps

Last Updated:

1. Grizaje

Grizaje Member This Topic's Starter

May 23, 2010
    So I am the type of person who likes to keep things simple and clean. When I view all my apps that are currently in my phone - it is driving me crazy. somewhat ocd here...

Should I remove the following apps and how do I remove them??

1 - FM Radio (I use Pandora)
    2 - Friend Stream (wtf is this I got my FB and Twitter)
    3 - Gmail (I dont use google until today because Evo told me so)
    4 - HTC mobile guide
    5 - Internet (Using Dolphin)
    6 - Maps (Using Navigation and Google Maps)
    7 - MP3 store (I do not buy music when I can get them free)
    8 - Music (delete or not??)
    9 - Nascar (ITS MAKING A LEFT TURN!)
    10 - Navigator ( should I delete this? I use Navigation)
    11 - News (I got my Rss feed for all my news)
    12 - Peep (wtf is this)
    13 - People (wtf is this)
    14 - Qik (im not gonna pay for this, skype)
    15 - Search People (???)
    16 - Sprint football
    17 - sprint hotspot (delete or not??)
    18 - Sprint Navigation (once again I Use navigation)
    19 - Sprint Zone (keep or not?)
    20 - Stocks
    21 - Talk (huh??)
    22 - Teeter
    23 - Voice Dailer (huh?)
    24 - Voice Search (huh?)
    25 - Weather (will this remove the weather app though? I do like that)

thanks for helping out the noob

oh yeah from my widget section, how do I remove them from that list too?

- Analog Clock
    - Latitude
    - Music (there is 2 of them)
    - Photo frame/ picture freame
    - htc Search / android search

2. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    A lot of those are part of the Sense UI so deleting them might not be the best idea. A couple of those are things you really want to keep though/can't get rid of.

People for example is your contacts list. AKA the thing you look at, as with any other phone, to pick the person you want to find. Search people, well it searches your contact list. Talk is used to start the dialer and make a phone call. Maps is google maps, not going to get anything much better on this or any other OS. Navigator is googles turn by turn gps system, its free and runs on your data. The times I have used it, it worked perfectly, keep it.

Personally I would leave all of those things on there. They aren't doing much if any harm.
  3. Grizaje

Grizaje Member This Topic's Starter

May 23, 2010
    ah thank you - I am just a bit ocd when it comes to icons that I believe I wont use, see, click, so I like them to disappear :p

I guess what im trying to do now is to narrow my apps/widgets and change setting so as to not to consume to much power.

turned off the gps locator (I will have it on when I work w/ Trapster app)
    no more vibration
    reduce lighting
    attempting to make sure I dont have alot of crap running in background (no im not using atk, tk)
  4. zaltol

zaltol Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Yea I wish I could get rid of a lot of them or at the very least hide some of them.
  5. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    You'll need to root in order to remove factory installed apps and even with some it isnt a good idea deleting them as they are built into sense.
  6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    If you are as OCD as you say.... I think Android will piss you off big time.

To get rid off stock apps... you will need to get root! Search for delete process in android...

Android wants to take care of your memory management.. so there will be a ton of apps running in the back groud... things you don't even think you need or want. Let android do what it wants.. learn to ignore it... and both you and your Android will be happier.. and get along together

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
  7. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Instead of creating a new thread, I have a question about the market. I installed a lot of apps yesterday and one in particular (Where-app name) was scheduled for an update. When I tried via appbrain, it would not update. So I removed it and tried to reinstall it, but it couldn't be found. Is this a normal thing or is this on the developer? Is this a cause for concern with apps (either free or paid)? TIA