Newbie Intro and Enterprise question (retitled by guide).Support

Last Updated:

1. vicillanne

vicillanne New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 28, 2010
    I am trying to decide whether to purchase the new Android X or Incredible. I had tried the Verizon Droid previously and went back to blackberry after 30 days. While i loved the phone and many apps....the business apps w/ enterprise system feel short of expectations. I understand that enhancements have been made. Are the new X and/or Incredible phones capable of 1) searching contacts on the enterprisee exchange server? Does the new X and/or Incredible phones have the ability to search corporate email (by name of sender, a word in body of email, subject, etc)? i really want to go back to the Android system if these enhancements are in place as they were the showstoppers before.

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    You know? I have no idea! I've owned the Incredible and now own the DX, but I don't use enterprise. Here's what I want to do for you. I'll move your question to the Incredible forum.

Hey GUYS! I want you to help out vicillanne and say Hi. :)

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up!
  3. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    You can search the exchange server. Active Sync does sync your contacts, mail and calendar's very nicely. I had a BB Storm, and started to have issues with the exchange server. The company I worked for did not apply one of the latest updates and I had to keep having the phone set back up. I dropped the Enterprise piece and was able to get my email but nothing else.

With the Incredible, you have an option to search exchange contacts, not to mention that you are not subjected to your company computer use policy and you can do the $29.99 data plan.