• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Like's/don't like about Android...

rzozaya1969

May 18, 2011
Mexico
I bouth an Android with Froyo (2.2) about a month ago... It is a mid range (I think) phone, but I think it has a lot of good stuff going on (GPS, bluetooth, 5mp camera, etc.).

Here is a list of things that I've really liked about it.

- I think that the interface is pretty slick. I get a contact, and can see that contact history (when I called/received a call, sms, etc.). Also, I know which phone the contact used (on my previous phone I just saw the contact name).
- When viewing contacts, I can easily decide to call or message them.
- I can sync contacts from a lot of sources (gmail, yahoo! mail, hotmail, facebook)..
- Everything looks easy and fast to use (turn on/off wi-fi from the home screen, gps and bluetooth).
- Notificiation stuff is nice.
- Android Market, it's easy to use and has some nice apps.
- How text messaging works (easy to see conversations with a contact).
- Easy to change things that I need from Market. I didn't like too much the standard notes, so I got another, I wanted another web browser, now I have Opera, I didn't like too much the generic keyboard? easy, get another one. Multimedia browser, don't like it? get another one, it's easy. Camera software, well, I don't take that many pics with a phone, but it's nice to know I have other options, but I'm using the stock camera software.

Now, here is a list of things that I don't like much (not that they're bad):

- Because I just added a lot of different sources for contacts, my contact database soon got pretty hard to keep clean. I ended up exporting every contact I could to gmail (from yahoo! mail and hotmail), deleting all contacts from the phone, adding photos from facebook, stored photos, whatever), and syncing only with gmail. It took me a few hours, but now I do like how it works.

- Hmmm... nothing much really, maybe battery life, but I think it's because I've been using it waaaay more than my previous one.

I'm pretty much sold on Android for my use, I think it was a pretty good choice.

Reactions: cds0699

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones