Newbie looking for some help to unroot phone!

1. moldyzombie

moldyzombie New Member

Hiya!

So a little back story, I had an old android phone, broke it and decided to get a new one. I didn't want to pay 400 bucks for one so I looked at craigslist to find one. I found a pretty decent phone, the seller seemed OK too. I called him, met up with him and bought the phone.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S i9000

Only NOW did I realize it was rooted. Please don't bash on me for that, I'm fairly new to it and wasn't paying attention and wanted a phone quickly and was very inpatient. So yes, I kind of hate myself for it, so no need to bash on the stupidity that is me. -_-

Anyways, I don't really know much about rooting. The only thing I know is that the phone I got is rooted to run Jellybean (?) and it should run something lower so my battery life SUCKS.

I have a couple questions: Should I leave it rooted? Is it good to have it rooted? What are the benefits to unrooting it? SHOULD I unroot it? Will it hurt my phone to unroot it? Will it be better to leave it unrooted? And if it is better to unroot it, HOW the hell do I unroot this thing xD?

Sorry for so many questions :/ but I really need to know.

Thanks for anyone in advance for helping me!

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, moldyzombie :).

I've moved your thread over to the Galaxy S - All Things Root forum for you.

No bashing to be had here, by the way :) -- we've got a very friendly and helpful member base here.

Since I don't have experience with your particular device, I can't advise you on your next options, but the good folks here should be able to.

Cheers and again, welcome!
  3. moldyzombie

moldyzombie New Member

Okay, good haha. I was hoping this forum would be nice to me :)
    And thank you!
    scary alien likes this.