newbie needs help

Last Updated:

1. HutchIrrigation

HutchIrrigation New Member This Topic's Starter

I successfully rooted my captivate. Prior to rooting, I got Kies to work. Now it keeps loading drivers as in a contiuous loop. finishes, states drivers loaded succesfully. then starts loading again. Kies did recognize the phone when I tried it before rooting, now it doesn't. Don't know if there is any connection. I removed Kies and drivers and reinstalled several times but that didn't help either.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up. I'm going to move your question to the Captivate section for you.

HutchIrrigation likes this.
  3. HutchIrrigation

Ok I've come to the conclusion from reading other post that kies wont work after rooting.
    I only wanted kies for tether. Any other ways to tether?

4. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

There are a few programs discussed in the forums. A popular program is PDAnet which many people use and reeccomend. You will need to set it up on your phone and PC.

PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android

5. HutchIrrigation

Ok forget about Kies, I even tried the uk version for galaxy s as suggested on another forum. still didn't work. But from a forum somewhere, I read to just select pc internet when conecting the usb. It set up a network and allowed me to tether. Now to get rid of the bloatware