Newbie needs help!!

Last Updated:

1. ttiurt

ttiurt New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just made the switch from an iPhone 4 to a new Samsung Galaxy S phone....and I LOVE IT....

My question is this: With the iPhone 4 I could go to full websites, not just mobile sites, and I could play videos that were there.

I can not do this on my new Galaxy S phone...when I click on the video to play it, it just has a picture of the F from flashplayer, insinuating that I need to download Flashplayer 9.

I followed some other instructions I found on how to get Flashplayer 10 on the phone....and now have FP 10 installed, but to no avail.

The end result I am looking for is when I go to a site that is full of different videos to watch, I can just click on one and watch it, without having to go to some mobile site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

T

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Do you have Froyo (2.2) installed? Flash player is standard with that. And I'm almost positive you couldnt watch flash videos on your iphone.

3. ttiurt

ttiurt New Member This Topic's Starter

I do not have Froyo 2.2 installed. I am going to root the phone and install that, since that should take care of my issue.

I did have the ability on the iPhone 4, I just had to download something from the App Store to allow it.

Thanks!!