1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Question about Apps

Last Updated:

1. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Two questions:

1. I am not clear on this "no apps on the SD card" bit. Does that mean that the apps themselves must run off the phone, but any data that the apps use goes on the card (such as web caching, etc)? With the Droid as an example, how many apps will it be able to run?

2. I see that the Android Market on the web has a very limited number of apps to review, which is a bit frustrating, since I really like to browse apps while on my computer (like I do now in iTunes). Is there a site which has collected a large database of apps to review? Also, is there a user review process anywhere? I know that the user reviews are very useful for my iPod Touch.

Advertisement
  2. MatUSCG

MatUSCG Member

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Vance ,

1) Currently all the apps downloaded run off the internal phone memory however hopefully apps-2-SD will hopefully be implemented into Android soon. Either way their is plenty of memory for your apps! :D

2) Yep I would Recommend Androidlib as above :)

4. Vance

That is great, guys, thanks for the link, I have pulled it up and will go browse (ie waste time at work) right now!

5. dbarrett480

dbarrett480 Well-Known Member

The only thing that MUST be stored internally is the .exe file everything else can run off the card if the developer chooses. For example, software such as Twidroid gives you the option to store cache on the card. I have over 30 apps installed on my MyTouch, which has the same amount of storage as the droid, and I still have plenty of space.

6. Vance

Great, thanks! So, it is up to each individual developer to determine how it wants to set it up. That sounds good.