1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie question about photos

Last Updated:

1. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've taken several photos on my HTC Incredible and want to upload them to my PC. I tried using the Hard drive function but when I look in the file manager on my PC desktop, I don't see any folders containing the photos I just took. They're in the phone....honest...just can't upload them. How do I do it? I even downloaded a file manager (Astro?) from the droid store but it had dozens and dozens of folders and I have no clue.

THe manual says photos I take are stored on the sim card so I even tried taking that out, putting it into the SanDisk adaptor and plugged that into a multple card reader and still couldn't find the photos. Where the hell are they???? Thanks for the assist.

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Using Astro, click on the DCIM folder. Once you click on that folder click the "Camera" folder. That will show all the pictures taken.

3. Bluesman2008

I opened Astro but don't see any DCIM folder at least in the root. There are dozens and dozens of number folders (which make no sense because the numbers aren't in sequence and aren't named...just have number When I hook up the phone to the PC in the HD mode, the DCIM folder is there but the only picture in it is one I copied from my PC. I was expecting all of the pictures I've taken to be in that same folder but they aren't.

4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

You need to be viewing the folders in the sd card. You should see a folder named DCIM. Within that folder you should have another folder named "Camera." That holds all the pictures taken using your phone.

5. Bluesman2008

Ahh. Found it. Thanks much. My phone (no voice going out) wasn't working so I just took it over to Verizon.

They say if anything like that happens again to just remove and reinstall the battery. He was right. Problem solved.

As to storage, he said that files are automatically saved on the SD card by default (except for things like contacts.

Thanks again for the assist. This HTC is more like a computer that makes calls. It's really amazing but soooo much to learn.