• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie question about SPB

OK - I'm new to Android - but I haven't found any info about this yet.... And I apologize if this sounds a bit stupid......

I've downloaded Samsung's "Kies" program for my new Galaxy Ace and I'm trying to figure it out. When I click on the "Contacts" - it tells me I can open SPB format Contacts that have been saved with Kies.
Is this my list of contacts on my phone? All the names, phone numbers, etc?

Where do I find the list (on both my phone and computer) and how do I add to it (other than just adding the info on the phone)? Can I use a Contact list that's on my computer to add to my phone's contact list?

I'm using Thunderbird for an email client on my computer (not Microsoft Outlook - I prefer something reliable). Does Mozilla use SPB format or can I convert to SPB?

I hope I don't sound TOO stupid about my phone..... but it is my first smartphone. I grew up hearing my Dad telling me that to use any tool - the first requirement is to be able to outsmart the tool.... and so far I'm not doing it.......:eek:

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones