1. norbi44

norbi44 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got a HTC Hero
    Firmware Version 1.5
    baseband version: 63.18.55.06eu_6.35.06.18
    Kernel Version: 2.6.27-44690c1a htc-kernel@and18-2
    build number 2.73.707.9 146733 CL#62020
    software version 1.0.0A6288

I think my phone is from Europe. I would like to use it in Canada on Bell Mobility GSM network.

When I tool it to bell and I want to activated it I was told I can't. We installed a sim card but it didn't work.

Do I have to update firmware to get it to work ? I'm not sure why it didnt work. It is posible that the phone is not compatible ?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

Hi. You actually have an Asian Hero as the build number 2.73.707.9 is related to Hero's from Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thai….)..so it cannot be a European Hero.

As for your questions as to why it does not work. I am not sure. May be the SIM Card is incompatible (not sure how this would work) or may be as you have an Asian Hero it does not work in America? But the phone is compatible with many GSM bands (850 & 1900 in US / Canada) so this should not be a problem. Is Bell the only GSM provider in Canada?

As for the
    Make sure your Hero is up to date with the official ROM.
    Click here scroll to the bottom of the page. Insert your serial number and fill in the boxes and see what the latest is for your device.
    =====================================================================
    If you want to install a custom ROM and root your phone you need to follow this method:

Also this link will be helpful to you..click HERE

In the meantime please wait for other replies. There are people with much more knowledge out there. :p

3. norbi44

norbi44 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help

you are right the phone is from Asia. I went to the web site when I typed my SN it told me that Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device.

Bell is not the only that has GSM. Right now I'm have a contact with them and it's expensive to end it.

Thanks