Newbie questions - contact notes, tasksSupport

Last Updated:

1. InvGrp

InvGrp New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a Droid and I've got a few questions (my old phone was a Treo 650):

1. contacts: most of the data is sync'd properly but the contact notes are being truncated (I use the notes as a sort of history of the contact events and they can be quite long)....on the sync they are limited to 9-10 lines of text. Anyway to get more notes?

2. contacts: it looks like they are sorted alphabetically. Is there anyway to sort by group or company name?

3. To do list/tasks and Memo's: can't seem to find them....any idea where these now located.

4. Phone keeps shutting off for no reason. Not sure it a dropped the call or the phone turns off. Anyone having similar problems?

Comments: the contact information on gmail is correct, its just not showing up on the Droid properly.

That's it for now.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Fazed

Fazed Member

This one I can't answer. I'd assume, though, that if the notes are being truncated, then that's the maximum note length that the phone supports.

Not currently. Hopefully that will be fixed in a future update.

That functionality isn't built into the phone, but there are tons of apps out there that you can download from the Android Market.

I'd take the phone back and see about getting it replaced if I were you. That sounds like it may be defective.

3. InvGrp

I'd like to say I really like the Droid phone and I'd like to keep it but the contact/notes being limited to 9 lines of text (240 characters) is a real deal killer.

I was wondering if anyone had a work around or even some suggestions.

Thanks.

P.S. I use Chaos/intellect and sync with Companionlink and everything syncs into gmail fine (all the data is there).

P.S. I've talked with Moto Droid support and they can see the problem and say they will give it to the developer....who knows how long that will take.

4. InvGrp

I mentioned earlier that the contact/notes were being truncated to only show 10 lines of notes...well, I found out this only pertains to what notes are displayed when viewing the contact.

If you want to see all the notes all you have to do is edit the contact and all of the information is there.....that's a big relief for me.

Also, I use Companionlink to sync my data from Chaos intellect to Google and apparently, they are working on a fix (or patch) that will create a new calendar with tasks and memo's. They say it will be 60-90 days before its done but personally, not having tasks and memos on the Droid is a real drawback.

Considering, the contact notes are intact (if I edit the file) and the upcoming tasks and memos to be added I've decided to keep the Droid as I really like the phone and believe there will be good things to come.

Thanks for all your help.

Bruce

5. parables

parables New Member

I am a newbie (came from the bb worlds for years and am wondering if there have been any developments now that its its 2011 - specifically updated answers or commentary to your questions. Bruce?
    As well as some additional questions:
    Can contacts be sorted by the outlook field called" category" much like they could w the bb using the" filter" function?
    can contacts be displayed with smaller fonts so as to show more via the droid device
    is there a good droid vs bb analysis specifically as it relates to contacts/contact managemmrnt?
    thank you