Newbie to Android and Sprint

Last Updated:

1. KCaudell

KCaudell Member This Topic's Starter

Good evening all. Well, yes, I'm a newbie and bought an HTC Hero. So far so good. I'm coming from AT&T with an iPhone which I liked quite a lot but realized that I could save about $50 per month and get data service for my family of four instead of just me. I'm still in the 30 day return option but the signal is better at home, I hope it's just as good elsewhere.

I'm a sales guy and looking for a good contact management/relationship management program for Android. I HATE the iPhone for Apples arrogance and unwillingness to play well with things not Apple. Add to this the lack of expansion of the iPhone and it isn't difficult to say goodbye.

I would love to find a contact management program that is more than just a link to Outlook. Outlook is basically flawed in that Calendar, Contacts, and To-Do's are unlinked and unrelated events even though they may be all be activities for the same contact. There is NO excuse for this.

15 years ago I used an HP clam shell DOS box that ran ACT! with complete integration with ACT! on the desktop. Can't someone create a similar interaction with the power that we have in our phones? Today we have FAR more power and memory in our phones than we had on our desktops then.

Well, that's what I'm looking for. Companion Link is simply a link to a program that is quite poor (Outlook) or ACT but still doesn't create the link that I'm looking for.

That's why I'm here and I look forward to learning from all of you.

Thanks.

Kelvin

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!!

3. KCaudell

KCaudell Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Looking forward to the learning!!

KC

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

6. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

7. MattGiaco

MattGiaco Member

Hello from another iPhone convert. I had Sprint before I had an iPhone and I can vouch for the coverage being at least as good as AT&T's (at least in Florida) and the data speeds being consistently better. The price tops it off.