General Newbie to Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BallparkFrank1959, Feb 17, 2010.

1. BallparkFrank1959

Jan 30, 2010
    I have read through a nuber of posts but cannot seem to find an answer to this question:

Is there a way to disable the haptic feedback (vibration) from the HOME keys - I have successfully stoped this function for the touchpad.

Other questions:

1. My phone will access YouTube but does not play all videos. It plays about 30 % of the ones I select - is this a phone problem? Is than an update?

2. I charge my phone each night, 11p to 7a and plug it in to the car charger for longer trips (use a bluetooth while driving) - am I killing my battery?

3. What will be the major advantages of an upgrade to Android 2.0 which I hear is rumored for the Eris in 1stQ 2010>

Love the phone...can't wait to try the GPS 'Where Am I' app on a local golf course (can it identify the bar also?)

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

unfortunately, no.

If you're getting 30% to play, you're doing better than a lot of us. I've resorted to the browser. It's a known issue.

There are a lot of people who keep it plugged in all day (into their pc's). I haven't heard of any issues. Apparently, these batteries only have 300 "full charge cycles". Some say that keeping it somewhat full keeps it from going through a full cycle. People will no doubt disagree on this question.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    Welcome to the forum. :)

Since Bswartz already answered the other two, I will take this one.

With the update to 2.1 we will/should get:

-Google Nav with turn by turn directions
    -Access to new apps that are only available to those with 1.6 or higher, like Google Goggles
    -New features in the Sense UI, like Leap which allows you to view all your home screens at once and move between them.
    -Updated features in the Sense UI, like full screen animation for the clock/weather widget.
    -a working youtube app;)
    -and more