newbie with a litttle problem with rom and bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. robbieh

robbieh Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys. after about 7 years of using symbian operating systems i have just got myself a hero phone. ok apart from this stupid bluetooth issue. ie cant send or recieve any piccies from mates over bluetooth and so on. i have been looking around the site and from what i can gather , i need to install a custom rom? is this the case or have i got mixed up. any help would be much appreciated.any suggestions of what rom would also be great thanx

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

If you can wait their is supposed to be a official 2.1 upgrade coming in a few weeks time.
    Hope that helps.

robbieh likes this.
  3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Rooting is not essential, the standand Rom is perfectly good. The risks from installing a custom Rom, unless your very tech savvy can be too great. Hopefully 2.1 will arrive via your carrier sooner rather than later

robbieh likes this.
  4. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

Your information is flawed, you don't NEED to install a custom ROM for bluetooth transfers. There are a few apps to help you achieve this, See Link

bluetooth file transfer | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

For file transfers between 2 android phones I recommend Hoccer and android does have a bump app. but more to the point google/htc are bringing in bluetooth transfers with the free 2.1 (Eclair) firmware upgrade which is due out soon.

robbieh likes this.