newbie.. with desperately needed answers- please and thanks

Last Updated:

1. detti

detti Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my droid now for 3 weeks and i do love it, however i have some questions that maybe someone could take the time to answer

Advertisement
  2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

You were supposed to include the questions in your post friend =)

Sure post them and we will gladly answer them.

3. detti

i see there are many different themes you can get. which is the most efficient, (free) theme and why? not trying to be cheap or not support, but would like to get a feel before i spend money

4. detti

ive had a bb storm and iphone 3g prior so i am new to the android. any tips or useful info?

5. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Well i dont personally use a "theme" per say. I just use Launcher+ and the default background ect the phone comes with. Ide have to say to figure out the "best" you would have to figure that our for yourself by downloading and trying them. Ultimately what I like and what you like might not be the same.

as far as tips, if u have good eyes, lower screen brightness as low as it gets to help battery life and make sure u use task manager liks its going out of style(free app in the market).

6. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

You are probably referring to "home replacements" which will alter the look of your phone.

I use "home++" it is free and although basic in look, it offers a lot of extended features that the default does not.

"Panda Home" is free also, and supports themes

there are also "GDE home", "Open Home", and several other ones that Im sure people will chime in about after me.. :D

7. detti

i really like the "hero" look with time, date and weather on the home screen but do they not offer that free? maybe different icons like the bb and iphone have?
    dont get me wrong im loving my droid

8. brettlewis

ok, If you want the date, time, weather like widget donwload "weather widgets - Donate" which cost 1.49, and "Weather widgets forecast addon" which adds the animations like hero has.

As for different icons, you will need to buy "bettercut" for 1.99

9. detti

any nice ones that r free

10. brettlewis

I do not know of any, those are the most widely implemented ways of doing what you asked. As time goes on more apps will be made to do those functions that will probably be free.

11. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

Weather Widget Donate has a such weather/flipclock but as the name suggests, it is not completely free. (less than 2$ I think)

If you're new to android, a cool thing is that you have 24 hours to request a refund on anything you buy in the market that you don't like. Just go back to the market screen and there will be an 'uninstall and refund' button.

Peruse the screenshot thread...seeing what other people have is a great way to find new things!

12. detti

when will beautiful widgets be available? everyone keeps talking about it

13. dlp211

dlp211 Active Member

They told the dev that they would review it and they could have it back up before the New Year. However HTC is taking it's sweet @ss time getting around to reviewing the new Beautiful Widgets.

It will be back....just a matter of time...a couple weeks is my guess.

DLP