Newbie - With Question

Last Updated:

1. saucy_witch

saucy_witch New Member This Topic's Starter

Just want to say hi, I'm new to this forum AND android phones. I have recently bought a HTC Desire and I think I'm getting more used to it, but there is still alot to learn :eek:. I hope you wont mind me asking "stupid" questions every now and then.
    Starting with.......I took my phone back to the shop as everything was going onto the phone memory, and I didn't know how to change it to the sd card. The man was very nice and changed it in seconds (not telling me how he did it!). I now find, all my photos and music that were on phone memory, have "disappeared"...lol. Do I have to download it all again or is there a way to sort this out?
    Sorry if it seems a silly question. x

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

I'm moving this thread to the Desire forum for you. I'm sure the users there would love to help you out!!!

There is never such a thing as a stupid question. Ask any questions that you may have as we are ALL here to help :)

3. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

Saucy Witch, I suspect that the helpful man in the shop might have simply deleted some of your files to free up phone memory.

In order to move files around "in a few seconds" you need one of two things:

1. A USB cable plugged into a computer
    2. A file manager in your phone

With a plugged-in USB cable and PC, you can browse the contents of your phone and SD card as if it were an external disk drive, and move files around fairly freely.

You can accomplish the same thing with a file manager, such as the Astro file manager which you can download from the market.

With regard to music and photos, you can place them in any folder you like on the SD card, including folders that you create yourself. Android will scan the card and the relevant files will show up in it associated application. If the files are gone, though, they are gone for good.

Sometimes there can be a delay in Android figuring out exactly what files you have at your disposal. You might want to turn the phone on and off, as this should force a rescan of your SD card.