Newbie with questions...

Last Updated:

1. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone!

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, but I am very much interested in becoming an Android Developer. I have no experience what so ever and am turning to you in hopes that I will be guided in the right direction.

Where do I begin? I've been Googling about Android development and have found some decent websites that deal with creating applications and learning Java, but I still feel as if I am at a standstill.

What steps should I take? And what are the necessary skills needed to be a developer?

Thank you in advance,

Miranda

Advertisement
  2. stevbl01

stevbl01 Well-Known Member

I am new to the android development process but the first place would be to download the SDK if you haven't already and read over the developers guide and also get acquainted with the Java language if you aren't already. Good luck!! :)

MariposaNegra17 likes this.
  3. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for responding! I will look at it today! Also, I need to learn Java =P

4. stevbl01

stevbl01 Well-Known Member

yeah good luck.. I just finished reading learn java in 24 hours. it was a good book. maybe you might want to check that out..

5. Electric Eye-Candy

Electric Eye-Candy Member

If you have a basic knowledge of XML, then that will help as well as java experience. Just don't expect to have a running app overnight...

6. SnowSwimmer

SnowSwimmer New Member

Hello Miranda, you said you have to learn java too, i do not know if you have some experience with other programming language, however if it is in general your first approach to programming languages, i would suggest to begin understanding how to program simply starting with a java guide and installing a good IDE like Eclipse. Move your first steps and when you feel yourself ready you can download android sdk, android plugin etc to develop for android

Ciao!

7. aspilicious

aspilicious New Member

If you never programmed before, I suggest you learn java with the eclipse platform. Programming in android isn't THAT easy. You need a fare amount of programming knowledge.