newbieGeneral

Last Updated:

1. elenaramona

elenaramona New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...I just purchased my phone...a Droid Eris...and am trying to figure out some of the features. I know the basics but I want to move all of my pictures from my PC to the phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Firstly, welcome to the android forums.

Secondly, I'm going to move your request to the Eris area.

3. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/53708-everything-you-need-know-about-your-htc-eris.html

This should help you the basics.

As far as moving your pictures to your phone, since I don't know if that is covered in that link, you can do it one of two ways:

The way I recommend is unmount the SD card and put it in a micro SD card adapter and put it into your computer. Put all the pictures in the DCIM folder.

The other way if you don't have a micro SD card adapter or don't have an SD card slot on your computer is to use the data cable with the phone (or any mini-USB cord for that matter) and plug in your phone and mount it to your PC. It will also give you access to the SD card directory and again, you put the pictures in the DCIM folder on your SD card.

Congrats on getting your Eris, by the way, and welcome to the forums =]

4. gasolinev8

gasolinev8 Member

Well, there's more than one way to accomplish this. Using Windows, the way I do it is drag and drop. Plug in your phone via usb. The phone may prompt you to choose a connection type. If not, go to your home screen and drag down your notification bar. Click on the USB icon and it will prompt to choose connection type. Select Disk drive. The computer will recognize it as an external drive. Make a folder on this drive to put your pics in then drag and drop or cut and paste as necessary. If you want to organize your pics on the phone, make different sub-folders with different names and they will show as albums in the photo gallery.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Elenaramona (nice name).

Depending on your computer's operating system, you'll likely just have to plug the usb cable (the cable attached to the portable charger) into a usb port on the machine and Windows will prompt you to "view files," etc.

You'll likely see the phone listed in the side bar menu in Windows as "E" drive or whatever (a new drive letter).

That is where your phone's pics are.. you'll find them. ;)

6. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Make yourself at home.