Last Updated:

1. StageMe

StageMe New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I am new to the site as the title says and new to android based phones. My wife and I just switched over from the IPhone and do seem to enjoy the switch. I have been taking a look around on this site and it looks like there is alot of cool stuff you can do with these phones. I was wondering if you guys could give me a list of the must do's with this phone and even links with step by step directions. I am not real good with computer stuff but not horrible either. I just want to make sure that whatever I do isnt going to turn my phone into a brick when it tries to update. Thanks in advance for any help you guys are willing to give. I look forward to learning about this phone and the things you can do with it.

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

first of all, congrats on ditching the iphone for android! As for what you can do with this phone and android in general, theres a lot.

First and foremost with anything involving rooting/modifying your phone there is risk involved. Even when you think you know a lot, you can encounter hours of frustration when you make a mistake (like I did yesterday). But unless you do something completely crazy like ignore a warning that is posted 10 x in a row about something, then its very hard to "totally" brick your phone.

My advice is read through the threads very thoroughly in this root section, and over at xda forums. They ll tell you what is possible, and you can read what people have done wrong in executing those things, ie custom kernels, roms, partitions and avoid them or anticipate them ahead of time.

The people on both of these forums are great and eager to help.

StageMe likes this.
  3. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

bookmark this page and log into it if you ever need expert advice in real time chat....if a tutorial says wait 5 minutes...wait 5 minutes, dont wait until you think it's been enough time and unplug it or pull the battery...wait 5 minutes

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

and join channel #samsung-fascinate

StageMe likes this.
  4. phonefiend

phonefiend Well-Known Member

StageMe likes this.
  5. GoBruins

GoBruins Well-Known Member

Hi stageme,

Below is my signature with a Samsung Fascinate guide, and much more. Welcome to the forums!

StageMe likes this.