Last Updated:

1. Moboy

Moboy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All..... Well I am being forced to come up with a way to connect to the net while out in the field so it looks like I am going to take the plunge and get a smart phone..... mind you I am happy with my old Razr.... but life happens. Anyway I have a tendency to over analyze things and I am looking at the LG Vortex and the Motorola Citrus. They look like decent entry level android phone. Any other suggestions will be helpful. One thing I have to have is internet connectivity for my laptop and I see where the Citrus does not support tethering and the Vortex can be enabled to be a mobile hotspot.... Thanks for any impute!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi New Person!!! We like newbies! :) Let me move this to where folks can help you! Thanks!

Steven

3. Moboy

Thanks Steven..... Hey I use to live in Jersey when I was a kid!! Looking forward to all the info!

4. baillou2

baillou2 Well-Known Member

Not sure which provider you have, but look into the Galaxy S phones. They do tethering quite well.
    I don't think you'll find an entry level phone that does do tethering. Besides if you're gonna take the plunge, then PLUNGE. :D

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Aside from GPS issues and occasional lag, the Galaxy S line is great. I have the Captivate.

6. Moboy

I wound up getting the LG Vortex and thanks to this site was able to down load the quick setting app and enable the hotspot function and all is well. These things are cool but time consuming!!