• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eric221

Lurker
Jan 28, 2010
Hi everyone I am new here of course I purchased aN HTC Droid Eris for my son a few months back and in just the last few days it seems to want to turn itself off or go into a sleep mode of some sort. I havn't taken it back to verizon yet and just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem.

If it just stated I would take a look at the apps he has installed. Some apps do not get along well with other apps and can cause problems. What is happening to him is a bit extreme though. You could list his installed apps and maybe someone will see a problem starter.

If we can't find one, he could consider a factory reset. It is a bit of a pain if the phone has been up and running for a while, but it does fix many problems for people. As long as he uses the same google account in setup all his apps, paid and free, will be there to download again too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones