NewbieGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Eric221

Eric221 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone I am new here of course I purchased aN HTC Droid Eris for my son a few months back and in just the last few days it seems to want to turn itself off or go into a sleep mode of some sort. I havn't taken it back to verizon yet and just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum.

Sleep is normally a good thing when he is not using the phone. What is the screen showing when he turns It back on? Is it going through the whole boot process with the skateboarding droids and the Verizon logo?

3. Eric221

Eric221 New Member This Topic's Starter

That is exactly what its doing and he doesn't receive calls or text when it does it

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If it just stated I would take a look at the apps he has installed. Some apps do not get along well with other apps and can cause problems. What is happening to him is a bit extreme though. You could list his installed apps and maybe someone will see a problem starter.

If we can't find one, he could consider a factory reset. It is a bit of a pain if the phone has been up and running for a while, but it does fix many problems for people. As long as he uses the same google account in setup all his apps, paid and free, will be there to download again too.