NewbieGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-09-21 18:57:41
  1. Cheebob

Cheebob Member

Hi, I just received this phone for my Birthday. Pretty happy but have some questions. I noticed on the phone the text fade out on the icons is this normal? It's not on all of them. The other thing is when I text someone it said it is from me, I can't seem to change it's my name. My alarm won't go off when the phone is shut off is this norm?
    I have had phones in the past that worked like this so this is why I am asking. My first Android phone. Thanks for any help!:) Have any of you tried to root this phone yet? If so how has the experience been for ya.

Advertisement
  2. jackdsparker94

jackdsparker94 Well-Known Member

Mine is rooted and running 2.3.4 gingerbread cyangenmod :D. And none of what you asked I have an answer too because I haven't had any issues
  3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

As you have a WIND O2X, you're much better off in the G2X forum, so I'll move this :)
  4. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I undertand the "text fades out on the icons."

That one's new to me.

Not possible to be changed on the default text messaging app. However, there are many alternatives that may have the solution for you.

Some alternatives are: Handcent SMS and GO SMS Pro.

Unfortunately, no the phone doesn't turn itself or the alarm off when it's shut down. I'm guessing you're coming from a Blackberry? :D

As far as rooting, here's a step by step guide on the root section of the G2x.

Keeping ya busy today Rusty, eh? Second one. :D