1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!

1. analyticspeak

analyticspeak New Member

Good Morning, I'm new to the Android Forums. I have used information here and elsewhere to root a Kindle Fire and a Droid X. I'm interested in learning more about rooting and what can be done with the ROMs as well as build up Linux knowledge/skills.

It would be great if at some time in the future the producers of products would pimp out ROMs and make a few pennies in the process rather than fight it. If that were to happen, would developers here be willing to sell versions approved by the hardware vendors? Just me thinking...

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

I don't think the licensing permits Android to be sold as a commercial product. The only way I know to get around that (as in the case of some Nook rom builders) is to package a rom on a microsd card and sell the card for a profit as an easy install. You aren't actually paying for the rom, but the card and the service. This might be an interesting topic for discussion in the Android Lounge. :D
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here. ;)