Newbies General Questions - Messages, Gvoice and Marketplace

Last Updated:

1. sixty4

sixty4 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few questions for the forum as a new Android user beginning with the EPIC.

1. Messages: When I used the messaging application it appears to send messages but any received messages are not showing up in messaging but they are only showing up as notifications.

2. Google Voice: I have been a good voice user for a loooong time, since it was Grand Central. Question is when I select message from a contact card it us defaulting to GV instead of the Messaging application? How do I adjust this and how come I cannot see message replies via threading in the messaging application?

3. Marketplace: If I download and pay for an application then want to do a hard reset because its necessary for whatever reason how can I get access to applications I have already paid for?

Disclaimer: I may have caused my messaging issues due to my "marketplace activity" and call manager applications I have been searching for

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

I believe your applications are saved to your gmail account. So if you do a reset and you sign in with your account. It will see your applications you've paid for.

3. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

I can't really answer your first two questions as i do not know why your messages would not be showing up. However, your third questions answer would be that when you purchase a app from the market you are using google checkout and thus it has all your info. Once you switch Android devices or reset the phone you will have to sign into the phone to use it and your paid apps will automatically show up as an option to download when you are in the Marketplace for apps. It will say "Purchased" and you can click it to download it.

4. sixty4

sixty4 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I got an error message on #1 I believe:

---
    Sorry!
    The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.