• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

newbies: warning re apps

pan

Sep 4, 2009
Hi

This may be obvious to techies, but as I newbie I thought I would share this tip with fellow newbies:

If your phone is playing-up in any way, consider the possibility that it is due to a faulty third-party app and not a problem with the phone itself. I downloaded a dozen apps when I first got my Samsung Galaxy, and I found that the screen would frequently lock well within the inactivity timeout period, and often when I was in the process of using the phone - and I wasn't even touching the lock button. I almost sent it back, thinking it was faulty, but noticed the option to restore the phone to the factory setting, and this removed all of the problems. Now, I only add one app at a time, and use the phone for at least a day before adding the next app so that I can see whether the last app will be in anyway troublesome.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones