• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newer HTC Phones than Desire

The Galaxy isn't an HTC phone, I thought you might get some biased views in favour of HTC but it looks like the Samsung fanboys have headed over here for some reason

No the Galaxy isn't a HTC phone but the original poster did say this:

I was wondering whether there might even be something due out from another manufacturer that might be better (if thats possible)

So that is what i was replying too.

I never really understand people who get hung up on specs and reel them out as though that is the key point of the argument - it strikes me as, well naive really. The best specced phone in the world is pants if the company forgets about it the moment you buy it

The point i am trying to make is if you have not yet brought a Desire or Galaxy S then yes the Galaxy has better spec's i am not making it up simply stating facts if people are going to get a a*se ache about facts of phones then they should seek proffesional help lol.

And as for the Update situation i've said this before but i'l say it again:

I had a HTC Dream / T-Mobile G1 and ok being the first android phone it started on android 1.0 but take it from me all the versions before 1.5 were like beta software and not very good if you think android phones have bad battery life etc now you should of seen that lol. So really it only got 1 decent update in terms of version of android 1.5 to 1.6.

The Samsung Behold 2 that people keep moaning about also got 1 update the same as the G1 1.5 to 1.6.

The Desire is on 2.1 and soon to get 2.2 but who knows if it will even get 3.0 the same is with the Galaxy S it will start on 2.1 it will get 2.2 probably before the end of the year but who knows beyond that.

The point is unless you get a Nexus One or a Motorola then you should not expect more than 1 major update in terms of version of android does'nt matter if its HTC / Samsung / Sony Ericsson or whoever.

You should buy a phone for what it does from the off and how you like it as it is and not how you would like it if it got updated.

Upvote 0
Hoping it's out sooner as I'll be getting the wifey oen of them :)

I read some less than flattering reviews about this phone. It's not bad, but the hardware isn't really up to it. The screen is too small and the browser is also bad apparently.

This is only what I've read, but logic says it doesn't seem far off the truth.

I'd recommend the HTC Legend for your wife, it's slightly more budget than a Desire, but it's more than capable and gorgeous to look at as well. I'd consider it a more feminine phone, than the majority of what's on the market at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones