• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newer leaked 2.2 rom posted at XDA?

I don't think they're sitting on it. They probably don't want to lose any Froyo thunder. I'm sure it's still working its way through Verizon's tight QA. Unlike Sprint which will release whatever the OEM gives them.

This is a very good point! Verizon's A** is quite tight with this stuff! Waiting sucks and bugs will still show up, but I would prefer a less buggy release if it means another month to wait.

Upvote 0
Simple heads up. When VZW is ready to publish, we should know within the week, since they will prep some awareness docs for tech support, reps and consumers. No way this stays quiet until the day of launch of the OTA. Bet on it.

The main reason I think the OTA is still being worked on and not ready is there have been two leaks already without radio firmware in the rom package and one is dated late July. This means the final release candidate package is probably not even on retail test devices yet.

added:

Who knows, maybe a big labor day launch party? Think happy thoughts :)

Upvote 0
Simple heads up. When VZW is ready to publish, we should know within the week, since they will prep some awareness docs for tech support, reps and consumers. No way this stays quiet until the day of launch of the OTA. Bet on it.

The main reason I think the OTA is still being worked on and not ready is there have been two leaks already without radio firmware in the rom package and one is dated late July. This means the final release candidate package is probably not even on retail test devices yet.

added:

Who knows, maybe a big labor day launch party? Think happy thoughts :)

And this is what those docs look like:

Attachments

• incredible.pdf
    171.8 KB · Views: 104
  • incredible_instructions.pdf
    204.8 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Notice one of those docs says "Update today" which suggests it went up the day the update came out. Doesn't it?

VZW just told me it was coming out tomorrow. I dont believe them but I am completely serious that they told me this just now.

I have no doubt that is what someone told you. I actually commented on your post detailing your call with them in the other thread. I just caution you to take what those reps tell you with a grain of salt.

I never want to accuse those people of lying, but rather that they might be misinformed or confused. The fact that they mentioned the Eris to you is kind of telling. I could definitely be wrong, but it has been noted all over that the Eris would never get 2.2!

Probably also a good idea to take what those docs say as instructions for the day you get the update and not that the documents were released the day of the update began.

Upvote 0
I have no doubt that is what someone told you. I actually commented on your post detailing your call with them in the other thread. I just caution you to take what those reps tell you with a grain of salt.

I never want to accuse those people of lying, but rather that they might be misinformed or confused. The fact that they mentioned the Eris to you is kind of telling. I could definitely be wrong, but it has been noted all over that the Eris would never get 2.2!

Probably also a good idea to take what those docs say as instructions for the day you get the update and not that the documents were released the day of the update began.

As I said in the other thread, when he said Eris, I stopped believing him.

However, I have not heard anywhere where Eris was for sure not getting it, just that VZW said all 2010 would get it. My wife has an Eris, I will know if she gets it. She wont care either way, but I will find out at some point.

NOTE: He also said devour which surprised me as well. For some reason i thought Devour was not even running Eclair.

Upvote 0
As I said in the other thread, when he said Eris, I stopped believing him.

However, I have not heard anywhere where Eris was for sure not getting it, just that VZW said all 2010 would get it. My wife has an Eris, I will know if she gets it. She wont care either way, but I will find out at some point.

NOTE: He also said devour which surprised me as well. For some reason i thought Devour was not even running Eclair.

The Devour is running 1.6 I believe. A coworker of mine has the Devour and there are some apps he can't use because of it. Oh, and the Devour lives up to its name in that it devours its battery. Much worse than the Incredible.

Upvote 0
If correct and we were "supposed" to get an OTA starting on 8/6, a non-radio, still buggy (but apparently less) 8/1 build suggests there is no way in heck 8/6 is happening and my estimate of September is still the most likely release time.

Looks like AndroidSPIN may soon join MW's emphatic post lore, since 8/6 is approaching ;)

FWIW, I am no better for it, since I am emphatic about September, but at least that gives me a month of wiggle room :)

Oh yeah, in regards to your icon, the Prince episode of the DC show is second only to the Rick James one. Funniest TV show episode- ever, IMO.

i hope your wrong and we get it this month, but if your right i hope they tell us it'll be in sept. because if it is then i will most likely do the whole unroot, ota, reroot, then froyo process. as far as DC show, yes one of my all time fav shows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones