Newest fresh update...issues! (I've read and followed xda instructions)

Last Updated:

1. dbc00per

dbc00per Member This Topic's Starter

(Ok I'm rooted and as far as I can tell nand unlocked, have 3.1 fresh running (or whatever previous version) I've tried multiple times to update and I keep getting stuck at the evo boot screen. I know this is a common problem,and I think live followed all directions. And In rom manager I've changed recovery file to the proper one previously having clockwork. Can someone explain to me what the proper steps I need to take to wipe my phone in the proper manner. I'm thinking this is the problem I'm having but not totally certain. I wiped delv cache and whatever else the instructions on xda site state but I'm still stalling at the boot screen and having to restore (on my first attempt I got a few errors during installation)not sure if that plays a part in my problem. Does restoring the phone mean I have to wipe every time I attempt the update. I've restored from back up 4 times.
    I don't want to brick my phone by trying again until I figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. ctpoore413

ctpoore413 Member

You should be fully NAND unlocked. Something you can try that ended up working for me is starting from where you put the engPC36IMG.zip file on, redoing your recovery, and your mtd-eng.img file. Dont use clockwork when placing your recovery image, its been causing tons of problems and not full wiping everything. Alright, now wipe and flash! Hooray! Expect 1 boot loop. On a side not, coming from DC 3.2.x, I am loving the new Fresh!

3. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

4. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member