• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newest os and reset to stock?

If it is running stock ROM (froyo) just do a factory reset.

If it is running a custom ROM, boot to recovery and see if there is a stock back up to restore. If not, you can download a stock ROM from the all things root sub forum here and flash that.

You will have to be on stock to activate it.
After that you have a choice of basically CM7 (gingerbread), CM9 (ICS) or Paranoid android (ics also). There are no official ROMS other than the froyo ROM it came with.

Upvote 0
Ok, number 1
2.2 is not your problem.
Froyo is the only stock ROM ever released for the Triumph.

I need to know, in detail, exactly what you did. Step by step.

I'm thinking you're misunderstanding something.

ok got the phone put it n boot mode power plus vol down then opened the image file copied the entire folder and and pasted it on my computer then deleted the entire file. The downloaded the miui file and extracted it and place it in the image file on the phone ejected the drive and restarted the phone n boot mode i loaded the miui rom and rebooted it showed the Motorola icon then the miui con and just keeps flashing. So I went back put the phone in boot mode deleted the miui rom from the folder put the stuff i pasted to my computer back in the folder ejected restarted and factory reset cleared the dalvi code try everything i could and its says cant mount my covery on the phone is still saying 6.0.3.2

Upvote 0
ok, now we're getting somewhere.
that's all wrong.

This is all in the stickied post at the top of the All Things Root sub forum...
(That's where this post belongs, too so expect a mod to move it at any time)

1. To install clockwork mod recovery, you boot to boot mode and replace the recovery.img FILE inside the recovery FOLDER with the cwm one

2. To flash a ROM, you put the ROM zip file on your sd card (DO NOT UNZIP), boot into cwm recovery (power+ both vol) and navigate to it and install.

If you unzipped a ROM into the recovery FOLDER on the Mobile drive, you need to get all that crap off of there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones