Newest SetCPU stuck in charge profile

Last Updated:

1. keerf

keerf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All,

Anyone else download the new setcpu and when you charge your phone and then remove it, it stays stuck in the charge profile?

I upgraded to the newest version tonight and I'm running on the new smoked glass 5.0.1 rom (I was using setcpu 1.4.6 and just did a market upgrade). Figured I would post here see if anyone had ideas.

Thanks all!

Advertisement
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Nope - as soon as I remove the charger it changed right up.

Did you change the min values from 125 to 250 on all the profiles?

3. keerf

Just got an email from the dev, and it seems like I was misunderstanding some things. Seems like all is working fine (and it just took a little while for my profile to show in the notification bar, ha).

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I didn't think about the notification - I thought you meant you had SetCPU open lol.

*Mental note to self - remember new SetCPU has notifications now*

5. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue... what did the dev tell you about this?. I notice that the notification staying on after I set it.... but once I pulled it from the dock and actually checked setcpu... it showed that it was still running at the lower frequency I had set in profiles for charging...

Did the dev tell you that this is wrong?.

6. keerf

Hi Response to me was:

7. DroidSuks

Ok... did you notice that the green Min / Max cpu indicator changed back to your uncharged setting.. or after you pulled the phone from your dock?.

Mine did not change.... it's still stuck at 600 which is my charging profile Max. Even after a refresh and waiting about 10 minutes it's still stuck on 600. The only way to change it is if I turn off the profile for Charging.

Idea's?.

8. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue and it did not change back to my default speed after charging (waited an hour and it was still at the lower speed). My solution was completely uninstalling the app and widget and reinstalling (had to redo all my settings). Now all is well.

9. keerf

Seems like my charging profile still seems stuck. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, seems to have no effect. I mailed the dev again, and see if he has an idea.

10. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I had this issue and I plugged in my droid the turned on and off the charging profile a few times. The turned it on and unplugged my droid and it has been find since.

11. motodan

motodan Member

I am having this same issue, i also tried uninstall/reinstall which didnt fix the problem. The only remedy i have found is to disable profiles, then manually reset each profile value and reactivate profiles after that. If i just disable and reenable profiles with the on/off toggle, the problem persists.

12. iBe PeRFeCT

iBe PeRFeCT Active Member

I was having the same issue as all of you and I tried what OMJ's method and it seemed to work just fine for me.

13. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

This update has really screwed everything up. I can't even get the OC to 1.2 like I had it. I can slide it over to 1.2 but then it will change to 600, the highest I can go is 800. And yes I reinstalled it and selected autodetect.

14. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Having the same issues here. Sticks on the charging profile.

15. DroidSuks

Ok.. check this out. If I unplug the phone... with the charge profile off..... then turn it on with the phone unplugged.... it apply's the charge profile. Regardless of the phone being plugged in. I also have tried OMJ's fix.

Reinstalling is done when you update the app... isnt it?.

I wonder if it's a kernel issue.... specifically Adamz?.

16. japus

japus Active Member

Glad to here other people are having this issue. I thought it was because I installed the new Smoked Glass v5.0.1 rom last night and did the update to SetCPU. Would be great if there is a fix for this. Only thing that has worked for me is to turn of the charge profile.

17. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Same here.. :mad:

18. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Glad I read this. I hadn't updated yet, and now I think I'll hold off. One thing for sure, not every app update has a desirable effect.

19. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Nothing I tried worked, luckily I have all my apps backed up. I just uninstalled this updated setcpu and reinstalled the previous version, no issues now.

20. jasonb1985

I was just browsing the web on my phone and it did eventually leave the charging profile. Took a good 10, maybe 15 minutes to take affect though.

21. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I am using Chevys 1.25 kernal so thats not the issue. I am also having problems with the power profile so I currently have that turned off. If your power and charge profiles are the same that could be the issue you are having.

My issues started before I updated setcpu from 1.46 to 1.5 I tried upgrading and down grading nothing has fixed it as of yet.

I have pretty much given up unless I start having charge profile issues again. My battery generally doesnt get low enough to use the power save profile

22. jasonb1985

I had all my apps backed up until last night I decided to clean up my SD card.

23. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I am sure with the volume of comments on this issue in the market the problem will soon be corrected (but then again, I am an optimist).

24. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you can download older versions of setcpu on xda

25. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I just uninstalled setcpu rebooted and reinstalled 1.46 instead of 1.5 and I am now having no issues. All my profiles are working at least for the time being.

I had tried this before but didnt reboot.