Newest version of swypeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the lastest version of swype( did not have anything installed on this ROM). I saw the other thread was locked so I'm starting a new one I guess. Everything installed fine, but nothing happens when I swype. Manually typing works but when I swype it just shows the line makes a noise and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Nonsensikal 7.0.

Advertisement
  2. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

3. giraffe999

giraffe999 Well-Known Member

OK I am getting really annoyed at Swype. I have tried legitimately signing up for the beta -- they never seem to accept me into their club (never get the invite email at least). I downloaded shapewriter before, but it's no longer installed on my phone (don't know what happened to it) and now can't find it in the store. Swiftkey is useless. Is there any program out there with a similar input method? I can't use the phone w/o swype--- why won't they just let us pay for it already???? I would happily pay them, but noooooooo they have to make things difficult!

4. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

Since SWYPE is already preloaded on the latest SAMSUNG's I don't know why thet make it so hard for the rest of us.

5. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Uninstalling swype AND the installer and starting over worked. Thanks.

6. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

I had to perform a full wipe in order to get it working on Nonsense7.0. Everytime I would try to install Swype it kept giving me a "swype is already installed on this device."

There is also a good troubleshooting guide over on the swype website. There is a link included in the beta email.

7. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Yeah I played around with my buddys samsung fantastic, and the Swipe that odd pre installed is so much smoother than any I have used during the beta process. waiting for a port. In the meantime I am using SlideIT. In the market for trial or purchase.

8. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

I had the same problem on nonsensikal 7, so I tried uninstalling swype and the installer. After that, it all went to hell. It kept telling me swype is not configured for this device on your account or something. So I found a cracked copy of 2.4, worked fine installing but the newest version is so big that it lags on my phone when swyping. I then found a version of shapewriter on their sites forum that doesnt expire and it runs a lot smoother than swype, like it just as much too.