General Newest version of swype?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilbballer27, May 16, 2010.

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

What is the newest version of swype? I have 2.1 rooted and my old swype wouldnt even open so I was wondering if there is a different version and if someone could please post the apk. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lilbballer27

Thats why I made the post here. Hoping to get some answers. If maybe I could get the newest version number I can google it and find the apk myself. Since I was unable to find the newest version when I searched that in google.

3. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I meant search in this forum... it is highly helpful!

4. lilbballer27

Well guess ill have to since no one else will post back.

5. abn75

abn75 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    alabama
    someone did post a link to the previous thread which has a link to the download of swype.

6. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    If you look in the thread that was posted up above you will find multiple download links for the new Swype.

7. zutmin

zutmin Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    zion
    bjF88 just posted it above!

Here is the link to the actual app (which has been posted about 6 times this morning alone)
    http://goo.gl/xKSk

8. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Um, there's a link in post #2 that will take you to where you want to go.

9. lilbballer27

The only reason i asked everyone is bcuz i used the swype download that was posted before and then it didnt work on my 2.1. Ill try re downloading then.

10. zutmin

zutmin Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    zion
    This one works

11. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    so. east, usa
    I had downloaded from the link above just a day or two before I got the 2.1 update because my beta had expired just like everyone else's. Then when I got my update I couldn't get my swype keyboard to show up. It had defaulted back to the stock. I tried going to go to my text app to see if it gave me an option to use swype but didn't. Then I went to me mail app and go like you are composing a new email. I remember I had to do that before to when on 1.5. Except with 2.1 you have to long press in the To: field (in 1.5 I believe this option was under menu) and it gives you an option for "input method". Pick Swype and then you shouldn't have trouble with it bringing up your swype keyboard in all your apps after that.