Newly copied mp3's doesn't show up!!

Last Updated:

1. suloco

suloco New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, so this is what's happening to me:

Yesterday I tried to upload some music (mp3 format) to my HTC Legend. And none of the newly copied tracks show up on any of my media players. I can reach them in Astro and such and even play them but there is no info showing up on the media player screen.

I tried to erase cache of the MP and the media, tried to reboot the device but nothing happened.

Funny thing though: When I erase some of my old mp3s and then load them back up, media players show them properly.

I really don't know what to do please somebode help. The only thing I didn't try is restoring to factory default..

Thanx guys

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

How are you transferring them? By usb? Did you put them in the Music folder? Are they DRM files?

3. suloco

suloco New Member This Topic's Starter

Via USB, putting them in the same folder as the rest of my music that always worked.

Tried restoring to factory defaults now and when it tries (music player) to recognise new mp3's it shows proccess.media.android terminated or sumthin like that...drives me crazy now!

4. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

There's an app for that on the market now but I forgot the name. However if you just plug your phone into usb and mount it on your computer (transfer a file if you wish) , then when you unmount it Android does a rescan.

5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The name of the app is SDrescan :)

Harry

ManWithCamera likes this.
  6. ManWithCamera

ManWithCamera Active Member

SDrescan worked! I just don't understand why these apps don't have a way to specify the folder on your SD card where you store your MP3s. They don't provide any way for you to browse the filesystem or scan a particular directory. You just have to rely on the OS to scan the card, or else download an app that will trigger the OS's scanning mechanism? This is just bizarre to me. I'm discovering that, in order to get an Android-based phone to be useful, you need to seek out all of the missing apps that should have come with the device in the first place. Don't get me wrong. I like my Android phone. Part of the reason I have one, is to help to promote competition between the manufacturers and increase the chances that developers will port their apps to the Android platform. But, I can certainly see why people would want a phone that "just works".

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

You could also unmount your SD and mount it again, a system reboot should have also triggered this.