news about htc hero camera

Last Updated:

1. sdablool

sdablool Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    anyone have any news about htc hero camera and spicily the camcorder! are they going to improve it in the next update ? thanks

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Not really sure they can..?

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

4. ivanover

ivanover Member

I think there's a lot of work that can be done (via software) with this camera.
    I already noticed that lightness isn't working properly (nothing changes switching it).
    And I remember older phone cameras could have their performance improved with little aftermarket softwares.
    I'm really happy with my Hero (EU version) but its camera.. well ..:(

5. nysos

nysos Member

What helps a lot is setting the ISO setting to "800" instead of "Auto" and also disabling the Widescreen option. That takes away a lot of the blurriness..

6. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

It says
    The HTC Heros software has been upgraded from the original which everyone complained about, and those updates I thought included software for the camera, can anyone confirm this (I thought I remember having a few changes but I got my phone after update and updated almost immediately)? So the software in "old Hero" is older then the "Sprint Hero" and Older then what most of the board users here have.
    Also Donut which should be modified for Sense UI, has software updates for the camera (Android 1.6 Platform Highlights | Android Developers)

7. Carlos Queiros

Carlos Queiros New Member

In my Hero, the camera app restarts the entire phone if I use it for one time, exit and use again, if I have the brightness of all the phone in "auto", to save power and eyes.
    Does anyone have the same problem?